The Institute fully supports and observes recognised standards of protection in the security and confidentiality of personal data, as stipulated in the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. We do not collect any personally identifiable information from visitors to our website except on the various request/enquiry forms where the collection and use of personal information is subject to our Personal Information Collection Statement below.
Our record of a visit shows only the network address (domain name) e.g. “ied.edu.hk” and of the pages visited. This information is used by us only for statistical and research purposes.
Personal Information Collection Statement
- The collection of personal data is necessary in order to process and follow up on the request/enquiry you submitted via this form. Information collected from you will be used for the purpose of processing your request/enquiry.
- It is possible that any information submitted electronically could be observed by a third party in transit. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage to you as a result of this.
- Information we collect about you is strictly confidential. Data may be provided to the appropriate departments/offices in the Institute for administrative and academic purposes. We will not disclose any personal information provided in your request/enquiry to any external bodies or organizations unless you have been consulted or we are required to do so by law.
- Information provided in your request/enquiry will normally be kept for a period of 12 months unless otherwise specified.
- You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by us. We may charge you a fee before you can access the information.
- Individual departments/offices in the Institute may have different/supplementary personal information collection policies. Please refer to relevant websites for details.
- If you wish to access or correct your personal data held by us, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org for staff data, email@example.com for student data, and firstname.lastname@example.org for other data.