Although you are not entering into an agreement to buy a flat, it is also important to consider the following questions before renting a flat:
- What type of property that I want? Apartment or house?
- Is it an individual flat or shared with others?
- How much of rent can I afford?
- How long is the rental period?
- Besides the rental, what other expenses that I should be responsible for?
- Any furniture / electrical appliances provided in the flat?
- How is the infrastructure / transportation network around?
- How long does it require traveling from the flat to school? What is the cost?
- Has the flat been mortgaged? Whether the bank has agreed the flat being rented out?