Information for Contributors
1. Submission. Articles should be sent to Dr. YEUNG Yau-yuen, Chief Editor, APFSLT Editorial Board (c/o Department of Science and Environmental Studies, The Hong Kong Institute of Education, 10 Lo Ping Road, Tai Po, HONG KONG, CHINA; Phone: 852-29487650; Fax: 852-29487726, Email: email@example.com) on a floppy diskette, zip disk or CD-ROM in MS-Word or WWW homepage format, preferrably accompanied by a hard copy. The electronic version can be submitted via email (for file size less than 5 MB) or online submission at http://has.ied.edu.hk/apfslt/.
2. Language. Manuscripts can be in English or Chinese. Every Chinese article must be accompanied with an English abstract.
3. Originality. All kinds of contribution and embedded multimedia materials are accepted for consideration with the understanding that they are original and have not been published or offered for publication elsewhere.
4. Review. Research or review articles will receive peer reviews anonymously and such articles will appear in the Academic Articles section of the Forum. Other contributions may be accepted at the discretion of the editorial board members who will review the contributions themselves and/or invite outside experts to offer peer review for assuring the quality of publication.
5. Typing. Manuscripts should be given in either the HTML format or the MS-Word format of which the latter should follow the specifications given below:
- Paper size: A4 (210 x 297 mm)
- Font size: 12 point
- Paragraphs: justified, double-spaced (except tables)
- Margins: 2.5 cm each side
- Numbering: Tables should be numbered by Roman numerals, figures by Arabic numerals
- Multimedia materials: format suitable for broadcasting on the WWW. Specify the required plug-ins (preferably restricted to the most common ones such as the Apple QuickTime, Macromedia Flash and Director, RealNetWorks RealPlayer) for the Netscape Communicator or Internet Explorer browser.
6. Style. American Psychological Association (APA Publication Manual 4th. ed., 1994), including use of three levels of headings, citations, and references. Footnotes should be avoided and replaced by hyperlinks.
7. Length. There is no restriction in number of words. Normally it should be around 3,000 to 6,000. Software and hardware reviews should be less than 2,000 words.
8. Abstract. An abstract of around 150 words should be provided. Articles written in Chinese should also include (if possible) an English version of the abstract together with a translated title. For software and hardware reviews, an abstract is not required.
9. Copyrights. Authors are responsible for obtaining written permission to reproduce any copyrighted materials in the manuscripts. The copyrights of all published articles in this forum belong to the publisher who reserves the rights to re-publish them in the printed or CD-ROM (or any other possible) version.
10. Revision. The editors reserve the rights to edit manuscripts and embedded multimedia materials.
11. Proofs. Proofs will be sent to the authors if there is sufficient time to do so. They should be corrected and returned to the Chief Editor within three working days.
Deadline for Submission:
- Issue One of each New Volume: 30 April.
- Issue Two of each New Volume: 31 October.
Editorial Board, Asia-Pacific Forum on Science Learning and Teaching
Hong Kong Institute of Education
Hong Kong Institute of Education
10 Lo Ping Road, Tai Po, N.T. Hong Kong
|Phone: 852-2948 7650||Fax: 852-2948 7676|
|E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org||Website: http://www.ied.edu.hk/apfslt|
Copyright (C) 2000-2013 HKIEd APFSLT . All Rights Reserved. ISSN 1609-4913.